Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Funk Be Gone

It’s amazing how one small gesture can make such a huge impact. Today I received my first masterpiece of the year from a student that I'll share below. I lit up with excitement. Especially after yesterday, which you can tell from my post was a bit of a tough day. I will say I was able to squeeze a two-hour nap in my busy day yesterday, but I still woke up in a sort of funk.

BUT… funk be gone! Because today is a new day and to top it off this morning a student chose me to gift a special drawing titled, “Best”. It lifted my spirits in a way I can’t explain. I remember making drawings when I was a kid and you had to be special to receive one from me because those were precious treasures that I spent my hard-earned time on. So, the fact that this student chose me to be the recipient of their masterpiece made me feel like I must be doing something right. I was sure to let the student know that I was honored to accept such an awesome gift and I appreciate it more than they know.


Positivity spreads like wildfire and sharing a smile is contagious. I feel the need to pay it forward, so my hope is that this post of rejuvenation for me has sent positive vibes to you and sprung a smile on your face. If you haven’t heard it lately, YOU are wonderful! Now go slay the day. That’s what I intend to do. 

No automatic alt text available.

3 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! I'm so glad your student chose just the right moment to lift you up -- right out of that funk. Thanks for sharing this joy with us, and thanks for being such an encouraging force within our community, Candice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dr. Cramer! Sometimes I think they are so intuitive that even when we think we are doing a good job at slapping on our smiley faces they see through that and know when we need lifted.

      Delete
    2. Candice Elaine MichaudSeptember 29, 2018 at 6:25 PM

      I'm not sure why that shows my name unknown. Sorry about that. Got to love technology sometimes. ;)

      Delete